Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31, 2011

Mere and Glenn had their first sacrament primary presentation at church yesterday. Glenn is still in nursery, but since we only have 6 kids in primary (on family with 4 plus Mere and Glenn) every kid went up. We do have a new baby and some investigators-so hopefully our primary will keep growing!

Because Mere was the only kid not shy enough to talk she pretty much did her 6 parts and many other lines too. She memorized "Heavenly Father has a place for me in the eternities" and some pieces of her other parts, but having so many lines she wasn't always sure what to say or when-though Saki had the idea of doing pictures for each part to remind her-which really helped. Saki and I were impressed with her as were her grandparents and the branch :)

Sometimes I really wish we were in a big ward with lots of primary kids, but I suppose that day will come. I have learned a lot by being able to serve in a branch and enjoy the opportunity to get to know the Fijian culture a little better.

On Friday we went to a Halloween party for the ward that shares a building with us. Mere and Glenn enjoyed it-they said trick-or-treat at various classroom doors and then went to do some crafts and games. Mere was pretty excited to do everything going on but Glenn was more interested in sitting down and eating all his candy. Glenn is a tiger, though I couldn't find tiger stripe fleece. I didn't want to use fur, since I figured he could use the jacket and pants after Halloween, but it's a bit small anyway. Oh well...it looked cute even though I forgot to draw on his nose and whiskers. Mere wanted to be a cupcake which evolved into wanting to be a cupcake princess-so I made a dress with a pillowcase and fabric scraps and we bought cupcake appliques and ribbons with some money from her piggy bank.

My dress is the pioneer one from a pioneer treck back in young women-and I sewed Saki's vest-figuring we may use it in pioneer treck's or pioneer day-I was pretty excited about being able to create a a pattern for it from an old t-shirt of his-though the collar needs to be redone...

PHOTOS-Mere's duplo/toy creation, trick or treat bag I sewed for Mere, costumes, musical chairs, primary stuff.















3 comments:

The Zwahlens said...

I showed Abby the picture of Mere and she asked, "Is she a Cupcake Princess?" :) Great job on the costume!

Tora Family said...

Costumes turned out really cute on everyone! Looks like it was fun!

Araignée said...

Great costumes, great kids! Can't wait to see you all!