Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 16, 2011

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

This year has had many challenges, major decisions, and opportunities. I have enjoyed getting to know myself and Saki better and watching my kids grow older. There are so many things we would like to do, but so much is timing. I am grateful the Lord is patient with us and for the many reminders I have had this year that things don't have to be done all at once and that material things are not the most important things.

  When we strive to seek and follow the Lord's counsel we will be blessed in all things that are most dear to us and other things, while they may seem desirable are not viewed in the same light. Long-suffering and patience are truly virtues. I am so grateful for a patient and long-suffering husband and for the temple and the blessings, understanding, and strength the gospel brings to my life that nothing else could. May we all strive to live up to our covenants and be submissive to the Lord's will rather than seeking our own. 

2 comments:

Samuel Bradshaw said...

I like that scripture!

Belle said...

:) it seemed so fitting :) It always is, but sometimes we get too distracted. . .