Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 9, 2011

Mere and Glenn went to their third "dance" class this week. It's more of a creative movement class, one of a handful of community classes in our town. Mere does well listening for some of the class and gets distracted at other parts-I thought she did very well this week. Glenn is shy and sits in my lap (the parents can join in) the first half and by the second half he tries to run around and hug/hold/tackle? Mere and doesn't listen well. It's a bit past his nap time by then. Luckily there are a fair amount of 2 year olds in the class so not everyone is really doing what the teacher asks. I'm considering trying the music class instead. I think the teacher was thinking there would be older kids-but she does well and is pretty nice. I would love to have Mere take a real ballet class this winter-but I have to find out if the one I want is already full. Their winter break is even at my due date so that's great timing.

Mere really love playing at the park with her friends from dance class after class when we wait for Saki to pick us up (we walk to class, but Saki picks us up after as it's a bit far from home). It's a fun park and all fenced in-not to small or too big-lots of parents and caregivers with newborns to around 8 year olds. Mostly babies and toddlers/preschoolers. They also have LOTS of trucks and cars and riding toys all over for kids to grab and play with, and a water spout which we try to avoid :)

General Conference was wonderful last weekend. I am so glad we have a living prophet leading the church these days and apostles and so many wonderful people called to help him! It is hard to pick a favorite talk, but I am glad we can listen to them all online at lds.org and really enjoyed the one by Apostle Russel M. Nelson on the Abrahamic Covenant

I was also blessed to be able to go with Saki's mom Seru to hear Sister Julie Beck of the Relief Society Presidency speak on Saturday. She spoke to 4 large groups in Northern CA so we got to see her in person! She spoke a lot about the role of mothers and many things relating to women-with lots of references to the scriptures, I'll have to write more later to those interested :) 

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week : )


4 comments:

L.B. said...

cute video :o) Love you guys!!!

Araignée said...

Loved the video :^D I bet that wore her out a bit...

Jessi Fogg said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant till my mom told me just a couple days ago. Congrats! Hazel is in Dance this year. She is taking Jazz and loves it.

Belle said...

ha ha-I got those for indoors-when we can't go out, and no it doesn't wear her out much...

Thanks Jessie! I'll bet Hazel will be a great dancer like you!