Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halloween

I know it's early, but the kids are excited about the ward activity on Saturday and their costumes I finished yesterday, so I thought today was a good photo day. When Mere's Tua/Grandpa gave the kids $20 as a gift she decided Halloween costumes would be a good use after Tithing of course : ) so a quick trip to JoAnn Fabrics and we had stuff for all 3. It worked well since we had most of the parts already at home!

Mere chose to be Strawberry Shortcake, I think because she got a dress with a strawberry on it-her only exposure to it is a puzzle and a book and of course it's lots of sweets and desserts, so it's appealing to my little sweet tooth. Who by the way lost her first front tooth last month!!! By the way--Mere chose the fabric and designed the costume...her taste is different than mine, but I try to let her have some say... we made the cat too. I guess Strawberry shortcake has evolved over the years, and I did the more modern hat, while she liked the strawbrim shape hat which I can't really sew.

Glenn had a time deciding between shark and blue whale and went with the blue whale, "it's bigger than any person/animal" "it's bigger than an elephant" "biggest animal in the world" as his eyes glow with excitement. I was glad he liked his costume cause it was the hardest to make look real-he chose the turquoise color.

Nasui is Tintin cause his hair often flips up like this in the front and because I always adored Tintin's character when I read them growing up. The snowy dog my dad bought for me some years ago : ) It was a fun way for us to learn French when we moved to France. Mere and Glenn and I call Nasui Tintin sometimes, and Nasui says more of a Dindin-which he also says when he sees something dirty...

THE GROUP PHOTO IS WITH OUR FRIENDS WE DO A LITTLE PRESCHOOL WITH ON TUESDAYS : ) Caroline and her sister Sophia, Dallin, and Will was sick.














1 comment:

L.B. said...

So cute! Great job on those costumes!!