Nasiu is now 2 years old! I can't believe it! He seems so little in size-maybe it's just in comparison to Mere and Glenn. He is very quick to copy and catch on to what Mere and Glenn do and they are very good to him. In the morning they will read and play with him as I tell myself to get out of bed... and they are pretty patient in sharing toys with him and enjoy including him in what they are doing. I'm sure it helps that he is pretty easy going and easy to please. He can say quite a few words and lately has been enjoying telling the colors of everything. He often goes into a very soft quiet gentle voice that is very sweet--"mama, mama" and very much enjoys helping mix food I am making. He throws a fit if he can't help. He makes some good expressions like wrinkling his brow and eyes when and saying dindin when he sees something dirty and picks it up-he likes to oversee emptying the canister on the vacuum because you can see when it's full of dirt. He loves Boxer our cat, but can be a bit rough on him, unintentionally.
We had Mere signed up for Girl Scouts which I was initially very excited about and she quite enjoyed but after some research realized that the WAGGS umbrella organization is more liberal that we are comfortable with among other reasons decided to drop it.
I am very happy that Mere and Glenn look forward to going to church on Sunday and that in general they enjoy their home school "class." We have been learning about the solar system and they love that! Glenn and Mere can be quite the helpers, though they can be hard in shifting gears and distractable or hard of hearing at times : ) I am very happy with how they are growing and developing and hope I can do better at improving as a parent-parenting is A LOT of work and something there is always much to learn on. I am so grateful for the guidance that the gospel gives in raising children and all aspects of life!!!
My dad came out to visit over Nasui's birthday and we enjoyed time with him, Nasui's birthday dinner with grandma on video chat, reading stories, and even going to the zoo! I am glad the kids know their grandparents on both sides! I even started reading my dad's new book In God's Image and Likeness 2, Enoch, Noah, and the Tower of Babel. Which is for sale at Deseret Book :)
2 comments:
They sound so much like mine in their stages and interests! We need to see you guys again! I somehow missed the moving to Idaho news until your comment on my blog. I think you need to send out an email update to the 1913 girls :) Love you, Liz!
So nice to hear, kids are happy and doing well. Much Love from aunty in Canada.
Post a Comment